March 2, 2012

Soul? Love? How is this going to work?

Hello again xP

Okay, so I'm guessing you're up to speed on everything concerning what this blog is about and what our mission is right? If not, go back a couple posts.

But if you do, I bet you're wondering one of two things: (1) what is a soul? and/or (2) how do I love someone with my soul?

Well from my understanding, your soul is basically your core. It's you. It's your personality, how you view the world, your thoughts, etc.
It's not the same as your heart, which (again, from my understanding) is your passions, desires, goals and your emotions. That's just from what I know though.
I could have some details mixed up. :P But yeah.

Now the question is, how do you love Jesus with your soul?
Well, you first need a relationship with him. If he's a stranger to you it's going to be hard to love him in general. And its going to be especially difficult to love him with everyone you are.

The next thing is that you imitate Christ.
If you love someone with your soul, they are like a role model to you. And that's what Jesus should be. We all should want to be just like him.

We've fallen away from that. Christian means "of christ."
We should live in a way that people can tell we follow Jesus, or at least be able to tell that there's something different about us.

A lyric from one of my favorite songs goes

"Moonlight illuminate my night,
let my day's sun-ray
make the people say,
had a vision something's missin'
now they're screaming out loud,
keep my feet on the ground and head in the clouds"

We should imitate Jesus, and live in a way, that people take notice. They take notice and wonder why you're like that, and they aren't. They'll want to find what's missing in their lives. Possibly to the point of coming to Christ.

That is what most of my posts are going to talk about.

(1) Getting to know Jesus, and coming to love him
(2) Making him your role model and imitating him
(3) Continuing to live like him and obey him, and how your actions can affect people in the craziest ways.

I may end up combining 2 and 3, (maybe I'll call it 2.5 xD) but that's basically your preview for what I'm doing. :) Just wanted to do that so you weren't completely lost and/or confused xD

Anyways have a great day and God bless :]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey! Here at 'AGAPE' we seek to minister to whoever we can and any comments would be a blessing and an encouragement! Thanks! -Paul