March 21, 2012

Legacy

What kind of legacy are you leaving behind?
How will people remember you when you're gone? What will they see?

Will they see the essence of Christ? Will they see just another one of the crowd?
Will they see light? Or will they see darkness.

Abel left a legacy. And he still speaks, even from the grave. (Hebrews 11:4)
We should be like that. Our life should shine so bright, that even when it ends, it still speaks.

Here on earth, we are ambassadors for Christ.
How can we do that if we live just like everyone else?
We are the LIGHT of the world. Stop trying to cover it up. You have already been chosen.
Your mission, if you choose to accept, is to show the world who Jesus really is.

We cannot to that if we don't love God. 
We need to love him everything--especially our souls, if we want to do this right.
When you idolize a role model, you want to be just like them. You imitate them. 
That's how it should be in our relationship with God. We should love him so much we want to be just like him, 
to be just like Jesus.

Through that is how we'll leave a legacy. Not by how much money we have, or the friends we made, not even solely on our actions. 
It's by who you were, and still are. 
It's by how you see the world. 
It's by your motives, by your thoughts, by how you interacted with others, by your dreams, by how you respond to situations, by your heart, and by your soul.

And in my eyes, all of that means nothing if its not reflecting Christ. 

Our sole purpose in life is to bring glory to God, because he deserves it! 
He created the Earth,  he created what we know as the laws of physics, he created you, me, your family, friends, he made love, happiness, joy,  he created life in general. And there's so much more. 
But we need to live for so much more than just ourselves. We need to live to show the world how great our God is.

That's a real legacy. Making your life a path that leads to Jesus. 
That's how you can be remembered. 
Maybe by following Christ, your life doesn't turn out how you planned it. 
Although I can't tell you the exact outcome, I can tell you that it will be a whole lot better than what you have planned. (1 Corinthians 2:9)

So remember, in this life we represent Jesus. And let's do it right,  
by leaving a true legacy.


Also, here's the song that inspired me to write this post. Legacy- by Sanctus Real. :D


(Lyrics)

What will they say when I'm gone,
In words that are written in stone?
Under my name, what will they claim about me?
 
Oh, I want to leave a legacy to be remembered
More than just a memory that fades away
Because we only, we only get one life
 
Free me, my hands are tied
I'm so tired of wasting time
These endless inventions
Steal my attention from real life
And when its done, when its over

Oh, I want to leave a legacy to be remembered
More than just a memory that fades away
Because we only, we only get one life

And will the world see Christ
When they look at my life?
Oh, will the world see?

Mmm, come on, give me, give me, give me real life
And no more, no more, no more wasting time
Because we only, we only get one life (Just one Life)

Oh, I want to leave a legacy to be remembered
More than just a memory that fades away
Because we only, (Get one shot, at this one life) We only (One moment in time)
Because we only, we only get one life



Have a great day and God bless you guys!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey! Here at 'AGAPE' we seek to minister to whoever we can and any comments would be a blessing and an encouragement! Thanks! -Paul